As part of our support for filmmakers, we’re offering subsidised training for filmmakers on the subject of crowdfunding. The introductory course runs over two sessions, a week apart. The first course runs on Thursday 24th January, with the second session taking place on Thursday 31st January, both running from 6.00 to 8.30 PM. We're running the course again in February, on Wednesday the 6th, with the second session on Wednesday 13th.
We’re delighted to be hosted by the Cass Business School, and in particular by the Launch Lab business incubator. Courses will be held in The Franklin Building, 124 Goswell Road, London EC1V 7DP. Map. The nearest tube station is Barbican. The total cost for both sessions is £60.00.
The course is facilitated by Greenlit CEO Peter Storey, and will also feature filmmakers who have run both successful and unsuccessful campaigns. This is for anyone who is considering running a crowdfunding campaign, or wants to understand the relationship between crowdfunding, audience-building and community. We look at the creative demands, the psychology and the practical tools of launching and managing a campaign. Topics covered will include:
- What is crowdfunding? Probably not what you think it is.
- What is marketing, and what is a brand? Probably not what you think they are either, and why you should be bothered.
- Telling your story on a bigger canvas.
- The stages of crowdfunding: Development, Preproduction, The Shoot, Post and Distribution.
- The tools for the job. Scheduling, CRM, email.
- Making your presence felt.
- Who’s going to do what? Where to find help where you need it.
- Identifying your audience.
- Finding your audience – where are they hanging out? Who are the influencers? And how do you introduce yourself?
- A rewarding experience. Rewards are not just merch, and you are not running a gift store. The Price and Product.
- The three act structure of a crowdfunding campaign.
- Social proof – because we’re all primates.
- Social media - many conversations, not a broadcast.
- Converting browsers into backers, and backers into superfans.
Spaces are strictly limited, so if you’re interested, tickets are available via Eventbrite. We want to help filmmakers at all stages of the journey, so we’d like to understand you, your project, and your needs a little more. We’ll be arranging more sessions going forward, and tailoring the training to the experience of the filmmaking community. If you’ve got any questions, you can also contact us directly and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.